My favorite holiday of the year has finally arrived: National Coffee Day! Finally, a day where no one can judge me about the four-six cups I consume daily! It’s a real thing guys, seriously. Unfortunately, Northampton only boasts two of the seven places giving out free coffee today..rats! Some year I’ll live in a really big city where I can get to them all! I’ll play coffee bingo!
..Clearly I’ve already had too many cups.
Well, anyway, I thought I’d celebrate by making a post with all the recipes I’ve shared here that contain coffee (and just a few that are made even more delicious when consumed WITH coffee.) So, without further ado:
1. It’s not that warm out any more, but you can still enjoy the crap out of a Frozen Mocha inside!
2. Top off your favorite cake or cupcake (or just grab a spoon and go crazy) with Coffee Buttercream
3. Go back to basics and make a French Press Café au Lait to drink in bed while watching reruns of How I Met Your Mother (at least, this is what I’ll be doing..)
4. This is a double coffee recipe: in German Chocolate Cupcakes there’s coffee in the batter AND it’s an awesome compliment to your morning joe (I actually never say joe. Except for now, apparently. And yes, I do sometimes eat cupcakes for breakfast. Aheh.)
5. Saved the coffee recipe best for last: my all time favorite dessert has got to be a Chocolate Torte with Mocha-Rum Glaze. There’s just seriously nothing better. If someone made one of these for me, I’d do literally anything they asked. No jokes.
6. My Cinnamon Streusel Bundt Coffee Cake doesn’t have actual coffee in the recipe, BUT try and tell me it’s not implied that you drink coffee with coffee cake, I dare you.
7. Same goes for Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts. You thought they’d be just as good without coffee, but you thought wrong.
So, you better at least stare at these wonderful coffee-minded snacks (if not actually make some.) And have a happy holiday!